So, why are we blogging? There are a bunch of reasons which provide a lot of benefits. Here's what I listed on the handout you will be receiving in class:
• Responding to and commenting on curriculum topics as we study them
• Creating written/media projects and commenting on each other’s work
• Reviewing and sharing study strategies before tests and quizzes
• Practicing taking varied points of view on a topic
• Discussing current events in psychology
• Making classroom suggestions
• Creating FAQ pages on curriculum topics
The reasons I listed above are very academic and class related. But, there are other reasons too that go beyond our classroom.
- Any time you practice writing it helps you to become a better writer.
- Sometimes students get left out of class because they are shy. Blogging gives them a place to express themselves where previously they didn't have an opportunity.
- Blogging will make you think more. Thinking is good for you! It will help you to remember and understand the material better and to see how it relates to the world outside of school. Plus, keeping your mind active helps to exercise your brain and prevent dementia!
- I get to have a better connection with my students. I will know what you understand and what you have difficulties with and maybe even learn ways that I can be a better teacher in the future. I'll also get to know more about you all as individuals which is a wonderful thing.
I've attached the blogging info under the 20% Project tab and in our Schoology resources. I hope that you learn to love blogging as much as I do! Okay, maybe half as much! :)